- Create a new widget set definition file AppWidgetSet.gwt.xml in the grails-app/vaadin directory.
- Open VaadinConfig.groovy that is inside the grails-app/conf folder and add there a note about the new widgetset file.
widgetset = "app.AppWidgetSet"
- Create a folder libs-widgetset (for example inside the project root folder) for libraries that are needed during the widget set compilation. Download all-in-one archive of Vaadin 7 from https://vaadin.com/download and move all the .jar files from the archive into libs-widgetset folder. Do not forgot to move also .jar files from lib folder from the archive.
- Create build.xml file with the following content.
- Open the console inside the project root and run the ant command. The widget set compilation will start. Before you run the ant command, remove all the content of vaadin-grails-addon/web-app/VAADIN folder.
Monday, June 3, 2013
Vaadin 7 and Grails: How to compile widget set
I have promised to publish a tutorial showing how to compile the widget set inside Grails project with Vaadin 7. Here you are.